Drain and Sewer
Want to Learn About the Hero Program in Corona, CA?
The plumbing services that we offer throughout the Corona, CA area are extensive. From basic services like drain cleaning and clearing to complex leak repairs, water heater installations, septic services, and everything in between, The Sunny Plumber SoCal does it all. Sometimes, having a functional plumbing system just isn't enough. Upgrading your plumbing system with newer materials and design methods can help you to use your plumbing system while conserving more water.
Water conservation is certainly a part of everyday life here in California. Unfortunately, many homeowners put up with issues like leaky pipes and water-inefficient fixtures just because they are deterred by the initial cost of resolving these problems. That is where the HERO program comes into play. We are a registered HERO contractor, and we are happy to help you get more from your plumbing system.
FREE Drain Clearing
Join the Sunshine Club
- FREE Flood Prevention Inspection Annually
- FREE Water Testing
- Priority Scheduling
- Member Only Discounts
What Is the HERO Program?
HERO is a local government approved program that helps homeowners to make energy–efficient and water–efficient upgrades to their homes more affordable. Requiring no money down, HERO affords homeowners 100% financing for their upgrades up to their approved amount. This financing is not based on a credit score, nor do you have to worry about predatory interest rates coming into play.
After the fast approval process is complete, you will be signed into a 5–25 year repayment term, depending upon the area and the products/upgrades in question. These payments are simply rolled into, and paid with, your property taxes, ensuring that the repayment process is as simple as can be. You can even contact your tax advisor to determine if you are eligible for tax benefits, as well. In some cases, interest may prove to be tax deductible.
What Does the HERO Program Cover?
While HERO covers a lot of home performance upgrades and HVAC financing, water conservation products and systems are also included in the program here in California. These include many different plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Hot water delivery systems, which help to prevent wasted water as homeowners wait for the temperature to come up.
- Toilets that are listed in the EPA WaterSense Product Directory, and which meet the standard flow rate of ≤ 1.28 GPF.
- Faucets that are listed in the EPA WaterSense Product Directory, with flow rates ≤ 1.5 GPM.
- Showerheads that are listed in the EPA WaterSense Product Directory, with flow rates ≤ 2 GPM.
It also includes various models of water heaters:
- Gas tankless water heaters that are ENERGY STAR certified: EF ≥ 0.90.
- Gas storage water heaters that are ENERGY STAR certified: EF ≥ 0.67.
- Electric storage water heaters that are ENERGY STAR certified: EF ≥ 2.0.
- Solar water heating systems that have the OG–300 System Certification by the SRCC (Solar Rating and Certification Corporation).
HERO stands for Home Energy Renovation Opportunity, and it is just that: a great opportunity. We are proud to be partnered with this program and to help homeowners start to get the performance and efficiency that they deserve from their plumbing systems, fixtures, and appliances. If you have any questions or require any sort of plumbing service in Corona, CA, remember that The Sunny Plumber SoCal is always here when you need us.